Ralph Waldo Emerson

The health of the eye seems to demand a horizon.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Snow!!

Holy crud, it's snowing! For reals! Had a great, busy night at the Pepes'. A couple of the guys from my hostel in Geraldine dropped in, and by the time we closed up Pepe's we had quite a merry crew to wander to the pub with. (Geraldine, btw, was a worthwhile little trip that was about as evenetful as a geriatric hospital...except less jello). It's one of the bartenders last nights in Tekapo so they were throwing him a bit of a party. Lots of pool, laughter and all that good stuff, but the very best part was that by the time I left the bar, big fluffy flakes of snow were drifting about. Sure, my little denim jacket is hardly suitable for this kind of weather, but I don't much care. It's snowing and that's awesome. In fact, as I'm writing this I can look out to the one lone street lamp and see the little flakes lazily dropping to the pavement. Add that to the fact that I've had a bit too much wine, and this is a glorious night. Good lord it's cold.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Did you make a snow angel?